Well, today is one week since the wreck. It doesn't seem like a week has already gone by. I'm healing pretty well. Both emotionally and physically. I still have my moments when I break down because of the reality of the situation. I got my stitches out yesterday. It was a lot bigger than I expected. When they told me I only had 3 stitches I thought it was small...wrong. It probably should have had about 7 stitches. But its Africa and I guess they did what they knew to do. Everything else is healing fine. My elbow is finally closing up, my knees is looking better. My bad itches likes crazy. At the doctor yesterday they put honey...pure honey...on my head and elbow wounds. They said it helps to dry it out and heal faster. Seems crazy to me, but lets hope it works! I have another doctors visit tomorrow and I hope I can return to work on Monday.
We had a funeral for Elizabeth here. It was a nice service. We sang songs in both languages. It was neat to have blended the Tanzanian culture and the culture back home. After the funeral they took us to the airport. We were walked into the cargo area where we had to watch them seal her coffin and prepare for the travels. It was something I did not need to see. But they thought that if we saw her off and knew she was taken care of that it would help us. They intentions were good. She arrived back to her family yesterday. I just feel for them.
Thank you all for all your thoughts and prayers.
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Hi Laura,
Hope all is going well with you. Let us know if the honey works. Just think how much money we would save on health care in the USA. Maybe we could send the results to congress. Galatians 6:9 says"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do no give up. You are a perfect example of the verse.
We Love You!
Greg & SueSue
l bug. I love you and I wish I was there for you right now. Please let me know if there's anything I can do. I'll be praying for you. I'm so glad you're over there though. Those kids are blessed to have you. I miss you and think about you all the time. All my love, em bug
HI Laura!
Wow, we were surprised when your mom sent us your blog link and saw what has been going on with you! You are in our thoughts and prayers as you continue your journey down this unknown path.(I will have to remember that honey thing!) We will be checking on you!
Mike and Debbie Dunham
hey laura,
u are very strong keep your head up just keep working u can do it i now this has got to be hard knowing u came there to help others and this happended...i have been praying for u everyday...i wish u the best miss ya and i love u
kara
Hi Laura Lu-Lu,
We were so glad to hear from you again. You are in our thoughts and prayers every day. We miss you so much. Glad that you're feeling better and healing well. Love you lots & lots!
Aunt Ree
(I've answered every message you've sent, but I don't think they're going through.)
Laura, I cant imagine going through with everything you have been through and half way across the world. You are so strong! I'm proud of you and praying for your healing!
Emily Robards
Hey Laura,
You have been in my daily thoughts and prayers. Keep your faith and know that Elizabeth is watching over all of you from Heaven. We don't always know what God's plan is....we just have to trust Him.
Played golf with your mom on Thursday and today. You were the hottest topic on "The Veranda." Everyone is so proud of you
...especially your mom.
Love the pictures....the kids are adorable!!! You bedroom looked very neat: bed made, etc. However, I think you could use some help from California Closets. :-)
Sounds like Honey is the Neosporin of Africa. Maybe we should try some of that here!!
Be careful and know that all of us here are thinking of you with love and sending up prayers everyday for all of you!
~patty
Laura, Finally got on your Blog. Been thinking about you alot. How are you feeling? I know Mom & Dad just wanted to put there arms around you. A helpless feeling I know. Our hearts our out to you and hope you are doing better. Now that I know how to do this I will be e-mailing you again. Hope each day is getting easier for you and you can get some happy memories. We are all thinking about you back here each day and wishing you the best.
Don't know if I could handle the sleeping and bath arrangements at my age. Love Ya Donna Mac
Hi Laura,
Hope you are doing well. Think of you every day. The kids have to be a great joy to you and you will never know what a joy you are bringing to them.
Love you,
SueSue
Post a Comment